People in today’s world are bombarded with information and increased demands on their time resulting in a feeling of being dominated by circumstances. Organized people not only have less stress and frustration, but they also save time and money. Unorganized people are hindered by chaos and clutter.
When you hire a professional organizer/productivity consultant, you are hiring a skilled professional to design an organizing/time management system that reflects you and what is important to you. A professional organizer can coach people to take the action required to become an organizing superstar. A productivity consultant can provide information, products, and support to businesses to increase their productivity.
First in Organizing is the organizational source - where everything Falls in place.
First in Organizing can design organizational and productivity strategies to help you prioritize areas to improve and factors to consider when making decisions and taking actions.
First in Organizing:
- uses proven organizational principles and expertise to develop customized strategies to meet the needs of residential and business clients;
- provides support and motivation to the client throughout the organizing process; and
- teaches the client how to maintain the organizing system so the client can take control of their surroundings, time, and lives!
For residential clients, First in Organizing offers:
- room-by-room space planning and organizing,
- downsizing and de-cluttering;
- unpacking for clients who move;
- management of paper and computer files,
- systems for managing personal finances and other records, and
- coaching in time management and goal setting.
For business clients, First in Organizing offers increased productivity and profitability through:
- productivity coaching and goal setting,
- time management,
- work flow strategies,
- improvements in paper management and storage,
- electronic organizing, and
- space design.
First in Organizing was founded by Shirley Falls. She has extensive experience in hands-on organizing, space planning, filing systems, work flow strategies, policy and procedure manuals, and many other activities that fall under the "professional organizer and productivity consultant" title. (Click here for more information about Shirley.)
First in Organizing is committed to working with you during each step of the organizing process to achieve practical organization and overall satisfaction.
Benefits for the residential client:
- Maximizing the functional use of available space
- Creating order from chaos
- Saving money by knowing what you have and where to find it
- Reducing stress and gaining control of your surroundings
- Having more time for the things you really enjoy
Benefits for the business client:
- Meeting important deadlines
- Motivating each team member with real solutions to everyday challenges
- Creating streamlined processes
- Optimizing workflow to increase productivity and reduce stress
- Creating uncluttered yet functional spaces
- Controlling inventory costs by knowing where things are stored
- Busy people - single people, married people, people with children
- People juggling projects and priorities - business executives, professionals,
- entrepreneursDemanding industries - physician practices, small businesses
- Those who value the knowledge and expertise of a NAPO member
The National Association of Productivity and Organizing Professionals™ (NAPO®) is a group of about 3,500 professionals dedicated to helping individuals and businesses bring order and efficiency to their lives. NAPO helps its members reach a level of credibility available nowhere else by providing exceptional education, enhancing business connections, advancing industry research, and increasing public awareness.
By belonging to NAPO, a member makes a clear statement about their commitment to their business and to their clients. NAPO members agree to abide by the NAPO Code of Ethics and pledge complete confidentiality, integrity, and professionalism.
There are numerous factors that can impact the time it takes to complete a project, including:
- amount of time it takes for you make decisions;
- any discoveries made during our work that impacts the scope, direction, or progress of the project;
- underlying reasons for the disorganization and how long it has been occurring;
- amount of time you or your assistant can devote to the project;
- completion of any homework assignments;
- ease and speed by which you learn to use the new system(s); and
- number of distractions or interruptions from family members, pets, work, staff, phone calls…
A professional organizer assists you with those decisions by asking questions, sharing information, and providing suggestions. But, you decide if anything is to be donated or thrown away.
The level of your involvement can vary, but it will be critical for you to make certain decisions and to develop organizational skills and habits during this process.
All clients can benefit from ongoing education. Clients with a history of chronic disorganization may need a maintenance program to support new organizing habits and to prevent reoccurrence of disorganization.
First in Organizing has a separate charge for consultations, the project, shopping services, and maintenance programs. Click here for more information on pricing.
First in Organizing has established payment and scheduling policies in order to provide our best service to each client and to protect the financial interests of the company. Click here to see these policies.
As a NAPO member, Shirley recognizes the high level of confidence and trust placed in her by her clients. She is guided by a code of ethics that emphasizes confidentiality, honesty, and integrity.
She will not release a client’s name or any other information about the client, without the written consent of the client or unless disclosure is required or authorized by law.
If you answered yes to either of these questions, please contact First in Organizing by clicking here.